Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New free flight training for Birdie

Good news guys, after I read this new blog ( CARLY LU’S FLIGHT BLOG )
About an African grey being free flown and how the owner has successfully flown her CAG on the beach I have decided to follow her strategies and apply on Birdie since I’ve been trying so hard to be able to free fly Birdie without a harness for a long time.

I think I just have a fear of losing Birdie if I tried without a harness, therefore with new hope I am trying to overcome my fear and go for free flight with birdie, there is a reason why I m scared coz there were two incidents where birdie happened to fly off out of reach in the past, luck brought her safely back to me, then again I always think next time I won’t be able to find her and would lose my beloved bird forever.

After reading this blog I’ve got an idea how to interact with Birdie in a more convenient way for both of us. Good reinforcements and careful recognition of Birdies Body languages will allow me to input a greater training sequence to Birdie. I also found a really important fact on emergency recall which I haven’t tried at all with Birdie. By doing this I will be able to recall Birdie back to me just in case she tries to fly out of sight again.
Really good theories and every Grey owner should try to read up things like these to improve the quality time between you and your bird. It’s a new day everyday as the world keeps on coming with new stuff on how to improve these adored relationships. This blog helped me a lot and if she is happening to read my blog it’s an honor indeed. Many thanks to her my family have a better solution for Birdie to stay with us at all times.

check it out

1 comment: