Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Birdie gone jealous

I still don’t get what’s happening to Birdie’s personality as she persists to be jealous of my baby Aisha(3mnths). She grows weary as days pass and I have noticed her plucking her own feather, which means it can only be due to stress and lack of attention towards her.
Just imagine I work 8-10 hrs on a daily basis leaving Birdie in the garden area where she spends most of her time entertaining herself. My wife on the other hand has her hands full with Aisha as she grows up pretty fast. Therefore lack of attention towards Birdie is leading towards stress which can lead to feather plucking.
I have many experiences with parrots like grey’s and find it unusual that they get so emotionally challenged when I take interest in a new thing other than them. Birdie is still young and has a great chance of being aggressive if I don’t take any action soon.
I bought a cage specially designed for parrots like Birdie and I plan to take her view close to me and my family inside the apartment. Which I think will allow Birdie to realize we’re just one big family.
Birdie is still early in her feather plucking stages, so I ‘ll need to buy some more toys and make her self occupied with some more things to do which will help in bringing her back to her self. Below are some pics that I borowed from the web which will get you readers a good idea of what I m talking about.




No comments:

Post a Comment