Monday, November 15, 2010

MY BIRDIE

I Have A Congo African Grey Named Birdie and she Is Almost 11months Old.

I had a Little Incident with Birdie recently. My Bird Got Really Sick And I Didn’t Know What To Do About It. In Maldives There Are No Vets So The Only Close Recourse To Any Medical Information Is From The Local Pet Stores. What Happened Was Birdie Started Throwing Up, Loss Her Appetite And Would Eat No More, So I Had To Hand Feed Her Along With The General Aid Medicines I Got From The Local Pet Stores. No Luck In Getting Back Birdie's Strength Instead Her Condition Went Severe. Whenever Handfed, What Goes In Comes Out In A Matter Of30minutes After Consumption. Tried Asking Everyone I Know Who Had A Parrot. As a Last Hope For Some Relief Two Days Ago I Took Matters Into My Own Hand And Gave Birdie A Glucose Dose Of 05ml.thank God Birdie Was Gaining Strength With In Time, She Has Now Started Eating By Herself And I M Happy To Know She’s Back To The Happy Bird I Know.

For Countries Like Us With No Vets And Having A Pet Is Tough Coz The Love We Put Into Our Bird Is Worth Going The Extra Mile. My Hope Is To Learn More And More About These Intelligent Parrots And Be A Help To Others I Know Whom Have Parrots Like Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment